Damascus 5-Piece Kitchen Knife Set with Brown/Gray Pakkawood Handles FC3123
This is a well rounded set for every kitchen and includes a cleaver and carver perfect for outdoor grilling. The handles are made of brown and dark gray/blue pakkawood which is surprisingly beautiful with brass pins and a decorative mosaic pin. The bolsters are brown marble design resin.with brass bolsters A genuine leather roll is included with this kitchen knife set.
Our Damascus kitchen knives are handcrafted from extraordinary materials and refined for the highest level of cutting performance, unparalleled sharpness and striking aesthetics. Each knife is a unique work of art, styled and crafted by master bladesmiths from the hand-carved edge to the Damascus-pattern blade.
The Damascus blades for these knives were created by forge welding multiple layers of steels into a Solid block called a billet (4340 &1095 High Carbon Tool Steels). The billet is folded and re-welded several times to produce several layers. Patterns are created by manipulating the steel during the forge welding process. When acid is added to the blade, it attacks the layers of hard and soft steels differently, highlighting the attractive layered pattern in the Steel. The combination of layered hard and soft steel creates blade flexibility, toughness and produces invisible serrations on the blade that aid cutting. The hardness of the Damascus steel is 54-56 HRC on the rockwell scale.
OUT OF STOCK
- Hollow Grind Blade is hand forged with combination of 4340 and 1095 Carbon Steel
- Layers: 150+
- Blade Thickness: 2.5 mm approx.
- Blade Hardness: 54-56 HRC
- Cleaver: Blade - 6.5" / Handle - 5"
- Chef Knife: Blade - 8" / Handle - 5"
- Carver: Blade - 8" / Handle - 5"
- Santuko Knife: Blade - 6.5" / Handle - 5"
- Paring Knife: Blade - 4" / Handle - 4"
- Handle Material: Pakkawood with Resin Bolster