Damascus 5-Piece Kitchen Knife Set with Pakkawood Handles FC3114
This set includes the key chef knives you need in the kitchen. The two chef knives are shaped in the German style with a wider "belly" which gives your edge more curve. The handles are made of dark pakkawood with brass bolsters and pins. There is a beautiful mosaic pin in the center. A genuine leather roll is included with this kitchen knife set.
Our Damascus kitchen knives are handcrafted from extraordinary materials and refined for the highest level of cutting performance and notable for unparalleled sharpness and striking aesthetics. Each knife is a unique work of art, styled and crafted by master bladesmiths from the hand-carved edge to the Damascus-pattern blade.
The Damascus blades for these knives were created by forge welding multiple layers of steels into a Solid block called a billet (4340 &1095 High Carbon Tool Steels). The billet is folded and re-welded several times to produce several layers. Patterns are created by manipulating the steel during the forge welding process. When acid is added to the blade, it attacks the layers of hard and soft steels differently, highlighting the attractive layered pattern in the Steel. The combination of layered hard and soft steel creates blade flexibility, toughness and produces invisible serrations on the blade that aid cutting. The hardness of the Damascus steel is 54-56 HRC on the rockwell scale.
OUT OF STOCK
- Hollow Grind Blade is hand forged with combination of 4340 and 1095 Carbon Steel
- Layers: 150+
- Blade Thickness: 2.5 mm approx.
- Blade Hardness: 54-56 HRC
- Bread Knife: Blade - 8.5" / Handle - 5"
- Chef Knife: Blade - 8" / Handle - 5"
- Cleaver: Blade - 6.5" / Handle - 5"
- Chef Knife: Blade - 7.5" / Handle - 5"
- Paring Knife: Blade - 4.5" / Handle - 4"
- Handle Material: Pakkawood with Brass Bolster